THESE SECURITIES AND THE UNDERLYING SHARES OF COMMON STOCK HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED WITH THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OR THE SECURITIES COMMISSION OF ANY STATE IN RELIANCE UPON AN EXEMPTION FROM REGISTRATION UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”), AND, ACCORDINGLY, MAY NOT BE OFFERED OR SOLD EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR PURSUANT TO AN AVAILABLE EXEMPTION FROM, OR IN A TRANSACTION NOT SUBJECT TO, THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT. THESE SECURITIES MAY BE PLEDGED IN CONNECTION WITH A BONA FIDE MARGIN ACCOUNT WITH A REGISTERED BROKER-DEALER OR OTHER LOAN OR FINANCING ARRANGEMENT SECURED BY THE SECURITIES, SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE SECURITIES LAWS.
COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT
Issue Date: May 25, 2017
To Purchase 73,432 Shares of Common Stock of
VIVEVE MEDICAL, INC.
THIS COMMON STOCK PURCHASE WARRANT CERTIFIES that, for value received, CRG Partners III - Parallel Fund "A" L.P. (the “Holder”), is entitled, upon the terms and subject to the limitations on exercise and the conditions hereinafter set forth, at any time on or after the Issue Date (the “Initial Exercise Date”) and on or prior to the close of business on the earlier of the tenth anniversary of the Issue Date (the “Termination Date”) but not thereafter, to subscribe for and purchase from Viveve Medical, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), up to an aggregate of 73,432 shares (the “Warrant Shares”) of the Company’s common stock, par value $0.0001 per share (the “Common Stock”) in accordance with Section 2 or Section 3 herein. The purchase price of one share of Common Stock (the “Exercise Price”) under this Warrant shall be $9.50, subject to adjustment hereunder. The Exercise Price and the number of Warrant Shares for which the Warrant is exercisable shall be subject to adjustment as provided herein.
1. Authorization of Shares. The Company covenants that all Warrant Shares which may be issued upon the exercise of the purchase rights represented by this Warrant will, upon exercise of the purchase rights represented by this Warrant, be duly authorized, validly issued, fully paid and nonassessable and free from all taxes, liens and charges in respect of the issue thereof (other than taxes in respect of any transfer occurring contemporaneously with such issue).
2. Exercise of Warrant. Exercise of the purchase rights represented by this Warrant may be made, in whole or in part, at any time or times on or after the Initial Exercise Date and on or before the Termination Date by the surrender of this Warrant and the Notice of Exercise Form attached hereto as Exhibit A duly executed, at the office of the Company (or such other office or agency of the Company as it may designate by notice in writing to the registered Holder at the address of such Holder appearing on the books of the Company). Upon payment of the Exercise Price of the shares thereby purchased by wire transfer or cashier’s check drawn on a United States bank, the Holder shall be entitled to receive a certificate for the number of Warrant Shares so purchased. Certificates for Warrant Shares purchased hereunder shall be delivered to the Holder within five (5) business days after the date on which this Warrant shall have been exercised as aforesaid. This Warrant shall be deemed to have been exercised and such certificate or certificates shall be deemed to have been issued, and Holder or any other person so designated to be named therein shall be deemed to have become a holder of record of such Warrant Shares for all purposes, as of the date the Warrant has been exercised by payment to the Company of the Exercise Price and all taxes required to be paid by the Holder, if any, prior to the issuance of such shares, have been paid. If the Company fails to deliver to the Holder a certificate or certificates representing the number of Warrant Shares exercised pursuant to this Section 2 by the third Trading Day after the date of exercise, then the Holder will have the right to rescind such exercise by written notice to the Company.
3. Cashless Exercise. Exercise of the purchase rights represented by this Warrant may be made, in whole or in part, at any time or times on or after the Initial Exercise Date and on or before the Termination Date, by means of a “cashless exercise” in which the Holder shall be entitled to receive a number of Warrant Shares equal to the quotient obtained by dividing [(A-B) (X)] by (A), where:
the VWAP on the Trading Day immediately preceding the date on which Holder elects to exercise this Warrant by means of a “cashless exercise,” as set forth in the applicable Notice of Exercise;
|(B) =||the Exercise Price of this Warrant, as adjusted hereunder; and|
|(X) =||the number of Warrant Shares that would be issuable upon exercise of this Warrant in accordance with the terms of this Warrant if such exercise were by means of a cash exercise rather than a cashless exercise.|
“VWAP” means, for any date, the price determined by the first of the following clauses that applies: (a) if the Common Stock is then listed or quoted on a Trading Market, the daily volume weighted average price of the Common Stock for such date (or the nearest preceding date) on the principal Trading Market on which the Common Stock is then listed or quoted as reported by Bloomberg L.P. (based on a Trading Day from 9:30 a.m. (New York City time) to 4:02 p.m. (New York City time)), (b) if any of the NASDAQ markets or exchanges is not a Trading Market, the volume weighted average price of the Common Stock for such date (or the nearest preceding date) on the OTC Bulletin Board, (c) if the Common Stock is not then listed or quoted for trading on the OTC Bulletin Board and if prices for the Common Stock are then reported on the OTCQX, OTCQB or OTC Pink Marketplace maintained by the OTC Markets Group, Inc. (or a similar organization or agency succeeding to its functions of reporting prices), the volume weighted average price of the Common Stock on the first such facility (or a similar organization or agency succeeding to its functions of reporting prices), or (d) in all other cases, the fair market value of a share of Common Stock as determined by an independent appraiser selected in good faith by the Holder and reasonably acceptable to the Company, the fees and expenses of which shall be paid by the Company. “Trading Market” means any of the following markets or exchanges on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted for trading on the date in question: the NYSE MKT, the NASDAQ Capital Market, the NASDAQ Global Market, the NASDAQ Global Select Market, the New York Stock Exchange, the OTC Bulletin Board, the OTCQB, the OTCQX or the OTC Pink Marketplace (or any successors to any of the foregoing). “Trading Day” means a day on which the principal Trading Market is open for trading; provided that if the Common Stock is not then listed or quoted on a Trading Market, “Trading Day” shall mean business day.
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, on the Termination Date, this Warrant shall be automatically exercised via cashless exercise pursuant to this Section 3.
4. Delivery of New Warrants Upon Exercise. If this Warrant shall have been exercised in part, the Company shall, at the time of delivery of the certificate or certificates representing Warrant Shares, deliver to Holder a new Warrant evidencing the rights of Holder to purchase the unpurchased Warrant Shares called for by this Warrant, which new Warrant shall in all other respects be identical with this Warrant.
5. No Fractional Shares or Scrip. No fractional shares or scrip representing fractional shares shall be issued upon the exercise of this Warrant. As to any fraction of a share which Holder would otherwise be entitled to purchase upon such exercise, the Company shall, at its election, either pay a cash adjustment in respect of such final fraction in an amount equal to such fraction multiplied by the Exercise Price or round up to the next whole share.
6. Charges, Taxes and Expenses. Issuance of certificates for Warrant Shares shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue tax or other incidental expense in respect of the issuance of such certificate, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company, and such certificates shall be issued in the name of the Holder.
7. Closing of Books. The Company will not close its stockholder books or records in any manner which prevents the timely exercise of this Warrant, pursuant to the terms hereof.
8. Division and Combination.
(a) This Warrant may be divided or combined with other Warrants upon presentation hereof at the aforesaid office of the Company, together with a written notice specifying the Holder’s and the denominations in which new Warrants are to be issued, signed by the Holder or its agent or attorney. The Company shall execute and deliver a new Warrant or Warrants in exchange for the Warrant or Warrants to be divided or combined in accordance with such notice.
(b) The Company shall prepare, issue and deliver at its own expense (other than transfer taxes) the new Warrant or Warrants under this Section 8.
(c) The Company agrees to maintain, at its aforesaid office, books for the registration of this Warrant and any other new Warrants that may be issued upon the division or combination of this Warrant under this Section 8.
9. No Rights as Shareholder until Exercise. This Warrant does not entitle the Holder to any voting rights or other rights as a shareholder of the Company prior to the exercise hereof. Upon the surrender of this Warrant and the payment of the aggregate Exercise Price, the Warrant Shares so purchased shall be and be deemed to be issued to such Holder as the record owner of such shares as of the close of business on the later of the date of such surrender or payment.
10. Loss, Theft, Destruction or Mutilation of Warrant. The Company covenants that upon receipt by the Company of evidence reasonably satisfactory to it of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant or any stock certificate relating to the Warrant Shares, and in case of loss, theft or destruction, of indemnity or security reasonably satisfactory to it (which, in the case of the Warrant, shall not include the posting of any bond), and upon surrender and cancellation of such Warrant or stock certificate, if mutilated, the Company will make and deliver a new Warrant or stock certificate of like tenor and dated as of such cancellation, in lieu of such Warrant or stock certificate.
11. Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays, etc. If the last or appointed day for the taking of any action or the expiration of any right required or granted herein shall be a Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday, then such action may be taken or such right may be exercised on the next succeeding day not a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday.
12. Adjustments of Exercise Price and Number of Warrant Shares. The number and kind of securities purchasable upon the exercise of this Warrant and the Exercise Price shall be subject to adjustment from time to time upon the happening of any of the following. In case the Company shall (i) pay a dividend in shares of Common Stock or make a distribution in shares of Common Stock to holders of its outstanding Common Stock, (ii) subdivide its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a greater number of shares, (iii) combine its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares of Common Stock, or (iv) issue any shares of its capital stock in a reclassification of the Common Stock, then in each such case the number of Warrant Shares purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant immediately prior thereto shall be adjusted so that the Holder shall be entitled to receive the kind and number of Warrant Shares or other securities of the Company which it would have owned or have been entitled to receive had such Warrant been exercised in advance thereof. Upon each such adjustment of the kind and number of Warrant Shares or other securities of the Company which are purchasable hereunder, the Holder shall thereafter be entitled to purchase the number of Warrant Shares or other securities resulting from such adjustment at an Exercise Price per Warrant Share or other security obtained by multiplying the Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such adjustment by the number of Warrant Shares purchasable pursuant hereto immediately prior to such adjustment and dividing by the number of Warrant Shares or other securities of the Company resulting from such adjustment. An adjustment made pursuant to this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such event retroactive to the record date, if any, for such event.
13. Reorganization, Reclassification, Merger, Consolidation or Disposition of Assets. In case the Company shall reorganize its capital, reclassify its capital stock, consolidate or merge with or into another corporation (where the Company is not the surviving corporation or where there is a change in or distribution with respect to the Common Stock of the Company), or sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of all or substantially all its property, assets or business to another corporation and, pursuant to the terms of such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation or disposition of assets, shares of common stock of the successor or acquiring corporation, or any cash, shares of stock or other securities or property of any nature whatsoever (including warrants or other subscription or purchase rights) in addition to or in lieu of common stock of the successor or acquiring corporation (“Other Property”), are to be received by or distributed to the holders of Common Stock of the Company, then the Holder shall have the right thereafter to receive, at the option of the Holder, upon exercise of this Warrant, the number of shares of Common Stock of the successor or acquiring corporation or of the Company, if it is the surviving corporation, and Other Property receivable upon or as a result of such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation or disposition of assets by a Holder of the number of shares of Common Stock for which this Warrant is exercisable immediately prior to such event. In case of any such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation or disposition of assets, the successor or acquiring corporation (if other than the Company) shall expressly assume the due and punctual observance and performance of each and every covenant and condition of this Warrant to be performed and observed by the Company and all the obligations and liabilities hereunder, subject to such modifications as may be deemed appropriate (as determined in good faith by resolution of the Board of Directors of the Company) in order to provide for adjustments of Warrant Shares for which this Warrant is exercisable which shall be as nearly equivalent as practicable to the adjustments provided for in this Section 13 and Section 12. For purposes of this Section 13, “common stock of the successor or acquiring corporation” shall include stock of such corporation of any class which is not preferred as to dividends or assets over any other class of stock of such corporation and which is not subject to redemption and shall also include any evidences of indebtedness, shares of stock or other securities which are convertible into or exchangeable for any such stock, either immediately or upon the arrival of a specified date or the happening of a specified event and any warrants or other rights to subscribe for or purchase any such stock. The foregoing provisions of this Section 13 shall similarly apply to successive reorganizations, reclassifications, mergers, consolidations or disposition of assets.
14. No Impairment. The Company shall not, by amendment of its Certificate of Incorporation or through a reorganization, transfer of assets, consolidation, merger, dissolution, issue, or sale of securities or any other voluntary action, avoid or seek to avoid the observance or performance of any of the terms to be observed or performed under this Warrant by Company, but shall at all times in good faith assist in carrying out of all the provisions of Sections 12 and 13 and in taking all such action as may be necessary or appropriate to protect Holder’s rights under this Section 14 against impairment.
15. Voluntary Adjustment by the Company. The Company may at any time during the term of this Warrant reduce the then current Exercise Price to any amount and for any period of time deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors of the Company.
16. Notice of Adjustment. Whenever the number of Warrant Shares or number or kind of securities or other property purchasable upon the exercise of this Warrant or the Exercise Price is adjusted, as herein provided, the Company shall give notice thereof to the Holder, which notice shall state the number of Warrant Shares (and other securities or property) purchasable upon the exercise of this Warrant and the Exercise Price of such Warrant Shares (and other securities or property) after such adjustment, setting forth a brief statement of the facts requiring such adjustment and setting forth the computation by which such adjustment was made.
17. Certificate as to Adjustments. Upon each adjustment of the Exercise Price, Company at its expense shall promptly compute such adjustment, and furnish Holder with a certificate of its Chief Financial Officer setting forth such adjustment and the facts upon which such adjustment is based. Company shall, upon written request, furnish Holder a certificate setting forth the Exercise Price in effect upon the date thereof and the series of adjustments leading to such Exercise Price.
18. Notice of Corporate Action. If at any time:
(a) the Company shall take a record of the holders of its Common Stock for the purpose of entitling them to receive a dividend or other distribution, or any right to subscribe for or purchase any evidences of its indebtedness, any shares of stock of any class or any other securities or property, or to receive any other right, or
(b) there shall be any capital reorganization of the Company, any reclassification or recapitalization of the capital stock of the Company or any consolidation or merger of the Company with, or any sale, transfer or other disposition of all or substantially all the property, assets or business of the Company to, another corporation or,
(c) there shall be a voluntary or involuntary dissolution, liquidation or winding up of the Company;
then, in any one or more of such cases (but not in such cases if the rights of the holder or holders of Common Stock will not be materially affected thereby), the Company shall give to Holder (i) at least five (5) business days’ prior notice of the date on which a record date shall be selected for such dividend, distribution or right or for determining rights to vote in respect of any such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation, sale, transfer, disposition, liquidation or winding up, and (ii) in the case of any such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation, sale, transfer, disposition, dissolution, liquidation or winding up, at least five (5) business days’ prior notice of the date when the same shall take place. Such notice in accordance with the foregoing clause also shall specify (i) the date on which any such record is to be taken for the purpose of such dividend, distribution or right, the date on which the holders of Common Stock shall be entitled to any such dividend, distribution or right, and the amount and character thereof, and (ii) the date on which any such reorganization, reclassification, merger, consolidation, sale, transfer, disposition, dissolution, liquidation or winding up is to take place and the time, if any such time is to be fixed, as of which the holders of Common Stock shall be entitled to exchange their Warrant Shares for securities or other property deliverable upon such disposition, dissolution, liquidation or winding up. Each such written notice shall be sufficiently given if addressed to Holder at the last address of Holder appearing on the books of the Company and delivered in accordance with Section 20(c).
19. Authorized Shares. The Company covenants that during the period the Warrant is outstanding, it will reserve from its authorized and unissued Common Stock a sufficient number of shares to provide for the issuance of the Warrant Shares upon the exercise of any purchase rights under this Warrant. The Company further covenants that its issuance of this Warrant shall constitute full authority to its officers who are charged with the duty of executing stock certificates to execute and issue the necessary certificates for the Warrant Shares upon the exercise of the purchase rights under this Warrant. The Company will take all such reasonable action as may be necessary to assure that such Warrant Shares may be issued as provided herein without violation of any applicable law or regulation, or of any requirements of the trading market upon which the Common Stock may be listed.
(a) Jurisdiction. This Warrant shall constitute a contract under the laws of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles or rules.
(b) Restrictions. The Holder acknowledges that the Warrant Shares acquired upon the exercise of this Warrant, if not registered, will have restrictions upon resale imposed by state and federal securities laws.
(c) Notices. Any notice, request or other document required or permitted to be given or delivered pursuant to this Warrant shall be deemed to have been sufficiently given and received for all purposes when delivered by hand or by facsimile or email that has been confirmed as received by 5:00 P.M. on a business day, one (1) business day after being sent by nationally recognized overnight courier after 5:00 P.M. on any day, or five (5) business days after being sent by certified or registered mail, postage and charges prepaid, return receipt requested, to the following addresses:
If to the Company: Viveve Medical, Inc.
345 Inverness Drive South, Suite 250
Englewood, Colorado 80112
Attn: Scott C. Durbin
Fax: (408) 530-1919
If to the Holder: At the Holder’s address in the Company’s Warrant register.
(d) Limitation of Liability. No provision hereof, in the absence of any affirmative action by Holder to exercise this Warrant or purchase Warrant Shares, and no enumeration herein of the rights or privileges of Holder, shall give rise to any liability of Holder for the purchase price of any Common Stock or as a stockholder of the Company, whether such liability is asserted by the Company or by creditors of the Company.
(e) Successors and Assigns. Subject to applicable securities laws, this Warrant and the rights and obligations evidenced hereby shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the successors of the Company and the successors and permitted assigns of Holder. The provisions of this Warrant are intended to be for the benefit of all Holders from time to time of this Warrant and shall be enforceable by any such Holder or holder of Warrant Shares.
(f) Amendment. This Warrant may be modified or amended or the provisions hereof waived with the written consent of the Holder and the Company.
(g) Severability. Wherever possible, each provision of this Warrant shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of this Warrant shall be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provisions or the remaining provisions of this Warrant.
(h) Headings. The headings used in this Warrant are for the convenience of reference only and shall not, for any purpose, be deemed a part of this Warrant.
(i) Compliance with Securities Laws on Transfer. This Warrant and the Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant may not be transferred or assigned in whole or in part without compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state securities laws by the transferor and the transferee (including, without limitation, the delivery of investment representation letters and legal opinions reasonably satisfactory to Company, as reasonably requested by Company); provided that (1) no opinion of counsel shall be required for the transfer of the Warrant Shares in accordance with Rule 144, and (2) no opinion of counsel shall be required for the transfer of the Warrant to an affiliate of the Holder or, if the holder is an investment fund, a fund under common management with the Holder so long as, in the case of this clause (2), the transferee in writing represents and warrants to Company that (i) such transferee is an “accredited investor” (as defined under Rule 501(a) promulgated under the Securities Act and (ii) such transferee is acquiring this Warrant and the Warrant Shares for investment and not with a view to the further distribution or transfer thereof. The Warrant Shares shall not be subject to a restrictive legend if at the time of issuance, such shares are eligible for resale under Rule 144 (without volume or manner of sale restrictions) by the Holder.
[The remainder of this page has been intentionally left blank.]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be executed by its officer thereunto duly authorized.
Dated: May 25, 2017
VIVEVE MEDICAL, INC.
By: /s/ Patricia Scheller___________________________
Name: Patricia Scheller
Title: Chief Executive Officer
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
To: VIVEVE MEDICAL, INC.
(1) The undersigned hereby elects to purchase ________ Warrant Shares of VIVEVE MEDICAL, INC. pursuant to the terms of the attached Warrant, and tenders herewith payment of the exercise price in full, together with all applicable transfer taxes, if any.
(2) Please issue a certificate or certificates representing said Warrant Shares in the name of the undersigned or in such other name as is specified below:
The Warrant Shares shall be delivered to the following: